Thursday, January 3, 2013

5 Weeks 2 Days Post-Op

It's been far too long since my last blog update. I have been so busy with deployment preparations and moving and the holidays. I haven't weighed myself in a few days, but I know I am losing weight. I am fitting into clothes that not too long ago were too small by a bit. My bras are not as full as they once were and that is something to talk about in itself! My jeans, while they are still hugging at my waist are beginning to sag in the butt and are super loose around the thighs. My incision has also shrunk a bit. We battled first the infection, and then a few weeks later found out that it was harboring a rare bacteria that kept my wound from healing. We had to pack it with a bleach solution twice a day for a week. Thankfully over that week it looks to have gotten much smaller already and it looks like it may heal by the end of the month if we don't run into anymore problems or setbacks. Thank goodness! Just in time for Anthony's deployment. We will be moving on the 19th of this month and I couldn't be more excited. We are going to save a lot of money and I will have an even better work out center at my disposal. I'm talking stair stepper, weight machine and all! I know that I have definitely lost 30 lbs at this point, possibly more, but my doc thinks that I will plateau soon, which is why I have been avoiding the scale. I don't want to discourage myself. I am so ready to exercise and I have an appointment on the 10th to see if I will be cleared for exercise and if so, off I go to the wellness center personal trainer. Anthony also got me ZUMBA for Christmas, the DVD series. There are free classes on Ft.Carson every week, so once I lose about 50 lbs I'll probably join them. My scars are kinda dark now, but the scabs are all gone and my doctor has cleared me to start using Merderma if I want to. The one in my belly button healed kinda weird and I feel that some new skin should form before I use it. I may start using that around my birthday on the 30th. My rings are nearly falling off and will fit on any of my fingers now, including my thumbs. I will post some pictures below this of my incision and scars, and a photo of my face where you can slightly tell that I have lost some facial weight. I will try to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment