Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Dietitian Visit

My doctor put in a referral for me to see a dietitian at the Nutrition Care Clinic at Evans Army Hospital at Fort Carson. I went eagerly to find out what I could do to become healthy again and to one day be able to conceive. Little did I know, my dietitian was also the bariatric dietitian. We began discussing options when the fact that I qualify for bariatric surgery arose. I have high cholesterol and a BMI over 40. According to Army standards I qualify to have any one of the bariatric surgeries done at one of their facilities. I wanted to get started immediately and came to the realization that if I don't do something drastic about my weight soon, I could die from weight related problems in the future. I want to be able to run around with my children one day, and I surely want to live long enough to watch them grow with my husband. She put in my referral to general surgery that day.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same issues!! My husband is stationed at Fort Carson too and I am about to undergo bypass surgery! Do you go to the support group on post for GB? I would love to talk to you if you are willing. My email is rdanner7@gmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to add me on facebook. facebook.com/sdbeaudry

    ReplyDelete